Everything is in our mind. A healthy mind can observe, investigate and question itself. It is the way to happiness and inner peace. Humans are the most intelligent species on earth due to its eternal mental ability. A healthy body is the gift of a healthy mind.
Swami Sivananda has reminded us “Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” Our state of mind defines us as persons.
Therefore, we must be conscious of our children’s mental health and give them the full support to nourish it in every aspect. It will bring out the best of them. We have power over our minds, but children are too young to realize it. Thus, we are here to find their mental strengths and help them progress positively.
We must educate the future generation to replace the empty mind into an open, thoughtful one. A positive life is impossible with a skeptical mind. We must not forget Buddha “Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.”
Never ignore your child’s mental health. Take care of it as you cautiously do to his body. Some useful ways to follow:-
1. Be sure of making your kid exercise daily. It helps in stimulating chemicals that release stress and improve the mood.
2. Sleep is considered as the building block of mental well being. A child needs 10-12 hours of sleep, while teens can do fine with 8 hours.
3. A balanced diet is a must. Without proper nutrition, mental growth is not possible. Check if your kid is allergic to any food. Consult a nutritionist.
4. Your child must feel that he or she is the most important human to you. Let them express their troubles freely to you. An open discussion will help you to deal and solve the issues.
5. Be a role model to them. They should idolize you and follow your instructions for their growth.
6. Be sensitive and empathize with the kids. Talk about your feelings. Share your problems and tell them how you overcome those problems.
7. If you make any mistake, do not hesitate to apologize. It will teach them that saying “sorry” doesn’t make one inferior. Rather, it is a sign of greatness.
8. Read them inspirational and motivational books. Books of Swami Vivekananda, Gautama Buddha, Ramakrishna Paramahansa, etc. help in shaping their mind in the right direction.
9. Never express your anger cuddled with violence to your little kids.
10. Unconditional love cannot be replaced by anything. It is the medicine for a robust mental health. Acceptance, security, and love are the foundation brick of the children’s stable mental health.
11. Praise the kids for both trivial and significant things they try to do for the first time. Give them the zeal to do the betterment in the future. Be with them in exploring new things. They will learn various things and use it effectively.
12. Look for supportive caretakers and teachers who can guide them individually.
13. Don’t be boring. You are dealing with a child. Bring playfulness into the daily routines. Bring some fun. Do innovative things. Usually, a family tends to stick to routines and be very strict without any refreshments. Your kid can get stressed. Change the method. Bring some variety.
For example- Every weekend the whole family visits a temple. Sometimes, go to movies, zoo or museum. Watch a cricket match. Play together on your lawn or field. Do adventure. Enjoy together.
14. Make them realize the benefits of sharing, and volunteering.
They will feel right by bringing the smile to the other’s face. It reinforces the community sense as well as connectivity. It gives ample opportunities for active upbringing coupled with helping nature, kindness, sympathy, and empathy. They will know how to mix with people from different strata. They will learn to treat everybody equally irrespective of caste, creed, religion, and gender.
15. Give your youngster some time for chilling out. Do something that brings relaxation. Don’t dwell on the past and worry about the future. You cannot change your past and don’t know what will happen in the future. Live in the moment and teach your kid the same thing. Do picnic and go to the park with children. Switch off your mobile, be with your dear ones and enjoy quality time.
Our next generation can live productive and satisfied lives filled with love and harmony bearing a strong mental stability.
Description- We must be conscious of our children’s mental health and give them the full support to nourish it in every aspect. It will bring out the best of them. We have power over our minds, but children are too young to realize it. Thus, we are here to find their mental strengths and help them progress positively.
Enjoy the life to its fullest.
Support Of Parents